Orange & Cinnamon Melt & Pour Soap Recipe
Whether you mark Christmas, Hannukah, Yule or another celebration, we all love a beautiful aroma that brings the season into our home. This easy melt and pour soap recipe will bring warmth and cosiness to your home and the orange colour will brighten your bathroom in the dark days of winter.
Both cinnamon and orange essentials oil can help lift your mood and relax you whilst also having antibacterial qualities which we all love in a soap.
Here's our aromatic orange and cinnamon melt and pour soap recipe...
- White melt and pour soap base SLS free 1kg
- Orange essential oil 40g
- Cinnamon essential oil 5g
- Clementine orange mica powder 25g
1. Chop and melt your soap base
- Tip the melt and pour soap base out of the packaging and onto a cutting board, then cut into small chunks.
- Add to a heatproof bowl and melt gently in the microwave using 1 minute intervals and stirring in between until fully melted. If you don't have a microwave you can melt it in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
2. Add the essential oils and mica powder
- Allow to cool slightly, then add 40g of orange essential oil, 5g of cinnamon essential oil and 25g of orange mica powder.
- Stir well and feel the festive spirit arrive as you enjoy the aromas from the essential oils.
3. Pour into your moulds
- Pour into your moulds - you can use anything from purpose bought soap moulds, to recycled yogurt pots. We also offer a variety of silicone soap moulds.
- Leave to set for about 6 hours and then tip the soaps out of the moulds and wrap them in clingfilm. This prevents the soap from sweating and losing moisture. Soaps made using melt and pour soap bases can be used straightaway as they don't require curing. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
Here's our finished bars, how did yours come out?