How To Make A Shea Bath Truffle
We're saying goodbye to the standard bath bomb and hello to the bath truffle! What's the difference? Well, a bath truffle is a little bit of luxury, made to pamper your dry skin. Think of it as a bath bomb with extra moisture. One relaxing bath later and you'll have baby soft skin.
Why not mix in some festive smelling essential oils, add some pretty wrapping and you've got the perfect homemade gift. Just follow our easy recipe for success...
- 200g bicarbonate of soda
- 80g citric acid
- 30g shea butter
- 10g cocoa butter
- 1g sweet orange essential oil
- 1g rose absolute essential oil
- Pop the solid butters into a bowl over a water bath and gently melt
- In a separate bowl add together the powders and mix to ensure there are no lumps
- Add the essential oils to the powders and mix again
- Slowly pour in the melted oils while stirring. You want a mixture that will stick together when you squeeze it
- Press the mixture into your moulds
- Once dried, add to a candlelit bath and enjoy your new soft skin!