Argan Oil Melt and Pour Soap Recipe
Argan oil - hands up who loves it! Everyone! Often called a 'miracle oil', this gorgeous oil from Morocco is full of beautiful fatty acids and vitamin E that do wonders for your skin. What could be better than a soap that is not only fun and easy to make at home but is also hydrating, softening and luxurious on your skin.
The lovely citrus scent from the lemon and lime essential oils brings back memories of summer holidays and also help keep skin clear and fresh.
Give our argan oil melt and pour soap recipe a try today!
Fancy a more autumnal scent? Click here for our turmeric melt and pour soap recipe that is spicy and warming.
- Tip the melt and pour soap base out of the packaging and onto a cutting board, then cut into small chunks.
- Add to a heatproof bowl and melt gently in the microwave using 1 minute intervals and stirring in between until fully melted. If you don't have a microwave you can melt it in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add 25g of lemon essential oil and 25g of lime essential oil.
- Stir well and enjoy the gorgeous sunny aroma!
- Pour into your moulds - you can use anything from silicone soap moulds, to cupcake trays from your kitchen cupboard.
- Leave to set for about 6 hours and then tip the soaps out of the moulds and wrap them in clingfilm. This prevents the soap from sweating and losing moisture. Soaps made using melt and pour soap bases can be used straightaway as they don't require curing. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.