Turmeric Melt & Pour Soap Recipe
Have you discovered melt and pour soap bases yet? They are a great way to get into soap making without all the scary chemicals and long processes that traditional soap making has. You can create your own lovely soaps at home, be certain of the ingredients and personalise them to what you need or want.
We've put together a turmeric melt and pour soap recipe that is perfect for autumn. The warming spices of turmeric and ginger essential oil can help ease muscle aches. Bergamot essential oil brings a lovely bright and zesty aroma to the soap.
Looking for a relaxing soap to use in the bath at bedtime? Click here to try our lavender melt and pour soap recipe.
Here is our lovely turmeric melt and pour soap recipe...
- Opaque white SLS free melt & pour soap base 1kg
- Turmeric powder 10g
- Ginger essential oil 25g | 29ml
- Bergamot essential oil 25g | 29ml
- Tip the melt and pour soap base out of the packaging and onto a cutting board, then cut into small chunks.
- Add to a heatproof bowl and melt gently in the microwave using 1 minute intervals and stirring in between until fully melted. If you don't have a microwave you can melt it in a heat proof bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add 25g of ginger essential oil and 25g of bergamot essential oil.
- Add the turmeric powder
- Stir well.
- Pour into your silicone soap moulds.
- Leave to set for about 6 hours and then tip the soaps out of the moulds and wrap them in clingfilm. This prevents the soap from sweating and losing moisture. Soaps made using melt and pour soap bases can be used straightaway as they don't require curing. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
The turmeric will settle a little and leave a natural pattern on the surface of the soap, which gives the soap a natural finish.