Bentonite Clay Face Mask Recipe
Looking for a little pamper time? Or have you got stressed out skin that needs a refresh?
Our bentonite clay face mask recipe is gentle and particularly good for oily skin as the clay helps to draw out and absorb excess oil.
What is Bentonite Clay powder?
Bentonite is a natural clay that is formed from the weathering of volcanic ash. It is a fine, light grey powder that turns into a thick paste when water is added.
The clay is named after Fort Benton, where the largest source of the clay can be found. It is found all over the world and has been used to make us more beautiful for centuries. If it's good enough for Helen of Troy and Cleopatra then it's good enough for us at The Soapery!
How does Bentonite Clay work in a face mask?
You'll often see it used in cosmetics like creams, hair masks, lotions, body scrubs and face masks. It is used to remove impurities, oil and toxins from the skin and is said to be great for oily skin types as it helps absorb the dirt and oil.
Bentonite clay was used in traditional medicine for its health benefits and mineral content. It contains minerals that support your skin health such as calcium, magnesium and iron.
Our bentonite clay face mask recipe has the added benefit of the soothing aloe vera and honey which help it to calm skin that is inflamed from breakouts.
The jojoba oil ensures you are left with soft skin rather than some clay masks which can leave you feeling a little too tight and dry.
Let's have a go at our bentonite clay face mask recipe...
1. Weigh the ingredients
- Weigh the water, aloe vera juice and honey.
- Mix together.
- Weigh the bentonite clay and kaolin clay.
- Add to the liquid mixture.
- Weigh the jojoba oil and add it to the mix.
2. Mix thoroughly
- Mix it all together, make sure there's no lumps of clay remaining
- Use immediately. You can keep it for a day or two in the fridge if you need to, however, spreading cold face mask on your skin isn't very pleasant!
- Apply to the skin avoiding the eye and lip area and leave for 20 minutes while you relax. Make a cuppa or pour a glass of wine, sit back and unwind! Rinse thoroughly and follow up with your moisturiser.
- We suggest using it once a week for glowing, fresh skin.
Did you enjoy using our Bentonite Clay Face Mask Recipe? Why not have a bash at some of our other fantastic skin care recipes:
- Want to follow your face mask with a moisturiser that is suitable even for oily skin? Our Rosehip Face Oil Recipe is just what you need.
- Looking for a natural daily face cleanser? Our simple 5 ingredient Natural Face Cleanser Recipe is perfect for you!
Wondering if tea tree oil is good for acne prone skin? Read all about the evidence behind tea tree oil for acne.