Homemade Natural Face Cleanser Recipe
Looking for a natural face cleanser? We've got you covered with this simple recipe. All you need is 5 ingredients!
This DIY face cleanser recipe is gentle, so it should work well on sensitive skin. It won't remove all of the oils from your skin like some other cleanser recipes.
The moisturising power in this recipe comes from the grapeseed oil and jojoba oil. The emulsifying wax is there to provide the gentle cleansing effect.
Your skin simply loves vitamin E, so we've added some to this recipe. The kaolin clay helps with the cleansing effect and gives this cleanser a wonderful after-feel.
1. Weigh and heat your ingredients
- Measure your grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and emulsifying wax.
- Mix together in a heatproof bowl
- Heat above a pan of boiling water, or microwave in short bursts.
- Mix well until the emulsifying wax has melted, then leave to cool
2. Add your clay and vitamin E
- Measure your kaolin clay and vitamin E
- Add them to your melted oil and wax mixture
- Mix well for a few minutes, you want to evenly disperse the clay throughout while it cools.
This should harden to a lotion consistency. It is suitable for squeeze tubes, pump top bottles and tins.
How to use it
- Take a little in your hands.
- Massage into your face
- Wet your face and continue massaging.
- Wash it off.
This DIY natural face cleanser will leave your skin soft. moisturised and cleansed.
Now that you've learned how to make a natural face cleanser, why not continue your DIY beauty journey? Learn how to make these today!
- Learn how to make a face oil with our organic face oil recipe
- Learn how to make face masks with our simple clay facemask recipe
- Learn how to make shampoo with our shampoo bar recipe
Did you try making your own natural cleanser? Comment below and let us know how you got on.