What is organic Castor Oil?
Originating from India, our organic castor oil is extracted from organic castor beans by cold pressing only. The oil is yellow in colour and has a neutral scent that is typical of castor oil.
Our castor oil is 100% pure and hexane free.
As with all of our organic oils, our organic castor oil is certified by the Soil Association.
Uses of organic Castor Oil
Organic castor seed oil has a wide range of uses including:
- Replenishing and healing damaged or dry hair
- Nourishing scalp treatment
- Stimulating hair at the roots, promoting faster hair growth
- Thickening brow and lash hair
- Replenishing cell turnover and hydrating the skin
- Strengthening and protecting nails
- Improving the appearance of age spots, wrinkles, and fine lines
Castor oil has quite a thick consistency similar to honey, so it is often balanced with other thinner oils in a recipe. Castor oil can give excellent results in a wide range of cosmetic recipes, it is most often used in hair, eyebrow and lash treatments. However, castor oil is also a good addition in any skincare recipe.