How to Make Vegan Lip Balm Without Beeswax
Looking for a creamy, rich, vegan lip balm that you can make at home? Follow our simple lip balm recipe!
This lip balm recipe is without beeswax, we’re using olive wax instead. Olive wax gives this lip balm a thick and creamy feel to it and helps this lip balm provide long lasting moisture.
We’ve selected the following ingredients to complement the olive wax in this recipe
- Olive wax 35g
- Castor oil 10g | 11ml
- Safflower oil 35g | 36ml
- Cocoa butter 30g
- Vitamin E oil 4g | 4ml
1. Measure out the ingredients into a heat proof jug or bowl.
- This recipe is nice and simple, you can just combine everything in one bowl
2. Heat and melt your ingredients
- In a heatproof bowl over boiling water, heat and melt your ingredients.
- Stir regularly, it will help the ingredients melt quicker and combine better.
3. Pour into tins and cool
- We clean and reuse our lip balm tins. Just sanitise them with isopropyl alcohol before refilling.
- Allow to cool, and apply!
Now that you've learned how to make a vegan lip balm, why not try other natural beauty recipes?
- Learn how to make soap with our lavender cold process soap recipe
- Learn more about carrier oils with our ultimate guide to carrier oils
- Want to know more about essential oils? Learn more about essential oil notes and how to blend them
How did your lip balm come out? Comment below and let us know