How to Make a Simple Clay Facemask
We love kaolin clay! It's soft, fluffy and works really well for all skin types, even sensitive skin. You can use it to make a simple face mask at home that will keep your skin in tip top condition.
Clay face masks are cleansing, toning, detoxifying, gentle and help to absorb excess oil. The honey in our face mask recipe is great for soothing inflamed skin and acne breakouts and the rosehip oil contains vitamin A, vitamin E and lots of essential fatty acids to nourish your skin.
Our clay mask is really simple to make at home...
1. Gather your ingredients
- In a jug or bowl weigh out the water and honey and mix together.
- Add the kaolin clay powder and mix again.
- Add the rosehip oil to your mixture.
2. Mix thoroughly
- Mix it all together, make sure there's no lumps of kaolin clay remaining
- Use immediately. You can keep it for a day or two in the fridge if you need to, however, spreading cold face mask on your skin isn't very pleasant!
How do I use a clay mask?
Spread an even layer of your clay face mask on clean skin, avoiding your eyes and mouth. Leave it to dry for about 15 minutes before washing off.
How to wash off a clay face mask
Run a washcloth under a warm tap and then hold it to your face to hydrate and loosen the mask. This will make it easier to remove.
You'll find the gentle action of the clay particles will also exfoliate your skin as you massage it off, leaving soft, smooth skin. Pat your skin dry and then follow with a moisturiser or face oil.
How often should I use a face mask?
We recommend starting with once a week and seeing how you get on. You can increase this to twice a week if needed.
Now that you've learned how to make a simple clay face mask, why not learn more about natural beauty?
- Learn how to make soap with our lavender cold process soap recipe
- Want to know how to make shampoo? Try our shampoo bar recipe
- Learn how to make a body oil with our coconut body oil recipe
How did your face mask work out? Comment below and let us know.