Make Your Own Bath Salts With Essential Oils
Ahhhhh. Also known as the noise heard as you slip into a bathtub full of soothing hot water and bath salts with essential oils. But bath salts can be pretty pricey in those fancy organic stores can’t they!
Did you know that you can make your own very quickly and easily and for a fraction of the cost?
Read on to discover how to make your own bath salts with essential oils…
What Are Bath Salts For?
We all know a bath is a great way to ease tight muscles and calm your mind at the end of a long day, but did you know that adding bath salts to your tub not only smells great but can nourish and soothe your skin?
Why Add Essential Oils?
The best part of our homemade bath salts recipe is that you can make it bespoke to exactly what you like or need. Adding essential oils bring a wonderful aroma to your bath time, but depending on the oil you pick it will also bring added therapeutic benefits. Choose lavender to soothe skin and calm your mind or choose a citrus oil to refresh and invigorate, or try one of our favourite blends below
How To Make Bath Salts With Essential Oils
Follow our simple recipe for your own homemade bespoke bath salts.
Here's one of our favourite essential oil blends:
- 4g Sweet Orange essential oil
- 3g Bergamot essential oil
- 5g Rose absolute 5% dilution
- 3g Ginger essential oil
- Add the salts to a bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix your chosen essential oils to create your desired blend.
- Mix the polysorbate 80 and the essential oil blend with the salts. The salts should be damp but not so wet they start to dissolve.
- Spread the mixture out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and leave to dry overnight.
- Pop them into a jar with a nice tight lid to keep in all the lovely aromas.
- Run a lovely hot bath, sprinkle in some of your homemade bath salts and relax!