Best Essential Oils For Spring
Daffodils peeking through, colourful tulips brightening our days and a carpet of blossom under the trees. We love spring!
So get ready to say goodbye to winter essential oils and say hello to fresh, zesty and floral notes with our best essential oils for spring!
Why Use Essential Oils In Spring?
Essential oils have so many uses in spring time. As the flowers bloom and the sunlight returns, you can mirror that fresh outdoor feeling in your home by diffusing oils that remind you of nature. Citrus and floral oils are perfect for this.
Try bergamot in the kitchen to brighten and remove cooking odours, chamomile in the living room to help you unwind at the end of the day or woody scents such as cypress to bring the outdoors in.
They can also help with spring cleaning, repelling bugs or boosting your energy. Keep reading to find out more...
Top Spring Essential Oils
We've put together two essential oil sets to bring spring to your home this year. Discover our Floral Essential Oil Set which includes geranium, ylang ylang, rose absolute, neroli and rose geranium.
For those who like zingy aromas at this time of year we have our Citrus Essential Oil Set which includes bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, tangerine and orange.
Spring Cleaning With Essential Oils
Did you know that essential oils are fantastic for your spring cleaning? Not only do they bring freshness to your home but some can also bring great benefits such as being anti-bacterial.
Mix 30g of your chosen essential oil into 100g of bicarbonate of soda. Sprinkle it over your carpet, leave for an hour and then hoover up. Leaves carpets smelling fantastically fresh!
(Don't brush the mixture into the carpet and it is probably best avoided on darker shades of carpets due to the pale powder mixture). We used a 3:3:3:2 ratio of lavender, lemon, lime and rosemary and it worked really well!
A great all-purpose cleaner can be made by mixing 250ml liquid castile soap with 10ml of tea tree essential oil and 10ml of eucalyptus essential oil. Both of these oils have great anti-bacterial qualities as well as smelling super fresh.
Use on sinks, shower glass, bath tubs and taps for a sparkling finish - just scrub and rinse!
Spring Body Oil
Get skin summer wardrobe ready with our lovely aromatic body oil. Best of all it's quick and easy to make.
- Fractionated coconut oil 220g | 244ml
- Apricot kernel oil 85g | 94ml
- Rosehip oil 85g | 91ml
- Vitamin E oil 18g | 18ml
- Roman chamomile essential oil 1g | 1ml
- Lavender essential oil 1g | 1ml
- Geranium essential oil 1g | 1ml
- Measure each oil into a jug and stir together.
- Add the essential oil blend and stir again.
- Pour into clean bottles and it's ready to use!
- Store in a cool, dark place.
5 Essential Oil Blends For Spring For Diffusers
We've put together our favourite spring blends that can be used in diffusers - let's bring the scent of spring home!
Early Start Blend
Still waiting for that spring burst of energy to hit? Or perhaps you've been burning the candle at both ends! This refreshing blend will help get you going in the morning.
Spring Flower Blend
Bring the scent of spring indoors with this gorgeous floral blend.
- 3 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 3 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of geranium essential oil
Spring Clean Blend
Combine the power of mint and citrus in this blend that will make your home smell squeaky clean. A great one to add to the diffuser when you are doing your spring cleaning.
Sunny Days Blend
This lovely blend will remind you of sunny Mediterranean days and balmy evenings, glass of wine in hand. It will inspire you to book that holiday...
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- 4 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops of neroli essential oil
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
Spring showers keeping you indoors and the windows closed? Bring the fresh smell of the outdoors in with this woodsy, clean blend.
- 4 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of juniper essential oil
Now you've learned which essential oils to use for spring, why not continue learning about natural oils?
- Learn about how to use essential oils for soap making
- Want to learn more about how to blend essential oils? Try our essential oil notes explained blog post.
- Interested in soap making? Try our lavender cold process soap recipe.
Was there any essential oils we missed? Comment below and let us know.